From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Movin' along
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:08:20 GMT

> You betcha! An Apache release can even be broken code (although
> generally we discourage that). As long as the community wants to
> release, we release. We get lots of help from the mentors and the
> rest of the incubator PMC to be sure that what we release is
> properly identified as Apache licensed or has a compatible license
> and out we go.

Very good - I was under the impression that Apache releases need to
be stable.  If that is the case, then we can probably release a lot
earlier.  It'll just have to be a "3.0.0-incubating-alpha-1" or
something.

Then we really only have a couple of gating issues - one of them
being the posteditor.js thing (JSPWIKI-382), where the license is
possibly not Apache-compatible.

/Janne