From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote requested: package renaming
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:27:14 GMT
First of all, each vote should not count equal, the two (Janne/Andrew) that
contribute by far the most should have a the most weight, they both have
strong opinions, unfortunately they are not equal.
My vote is not worth that much, but I don't want to stay completely quiet.

ITEM 1:
- I understand it is necessary, if it would be up to me it could be done
right now, the JCR stuff can be committed to the trunk if that relieves
Janne from the merging pain (3.0.0 does not work anyway right now).
Perhaps Craig should tell us how "urgent"  it is because of the incubation
proces.
Janne should advise us about this, if JCR is committed to the trunk, can we
help make it work ? Or will it stay broken for months.

ITEM 2:
Let's just start with that, begin with the most obvious ones and keep an eye
on each other so that we don't exaggerate it.

ITEM 3:
I really don't understand why this is so important, in a separate package or
not.
It is more important to store these classes/interfaces in a separate jar
file, so that other developers only put this jar on their java compile
classpath.
If we make a decision now, we can evaluate after a couple of months, and
then make a final decision ?

If you agree on some of these points, let's make a clear appointment with a
real date, when to evaluate.

regards,
Harry