From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@me.com>
Subject Re: Stripes packages
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:54:09 GMT
Now that it's in the trunk we can move things around a bit. Here's how
I'd divide what's (today) in the .action package:

- ActionBeans -- these are the "business logic" beans. Probably should
stay in the .action package.

- WikiContextFactory -- partially replaces CommandResolver; makes
WikiContexts. This should go somewhere else, maybe as a top-level class.

- WikiActionBeanContext, WikiInterceptor, *TypeConverter,
WikiExceptionHandler, WikiRuntimeConfiguration -- these are all pure
Stripes "glue" classes that allow JSPWiki and Stripes to work
together. Will also include a LocalePicker implementation (later) to
read Dirk's locale cookies to help pick the correct language. Should
go to its own package (sub-package of .action? or .ui?)

- WikiRequestContext, HandlerInfo, and HandlerPermission: annotations
for (1) associating a Stripes event handler method with a WikiContext
request context and (2) specifying the permissions a user needs to
execute that handler method. HandlerPermission is a cached "holding
bag" that ties these things together. Should probably go into the same
package as the pure Stripes classes.

About the only thing I know for sure is that the ActionBeans should be
separate from everything else...

Andrew