From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: jspwiki.policy and java.policy
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 07:36:40 GMT
> But the real question, prompted by your particular issue, is "do we
> need JVM-wide security policies any more?" I am not sure that we
> do, but I'd like to hear from the rest of the devs about this.
> Local security policies (implemented by LocalPolicy in 2.6) mostly
> eliminated the need to worry about JVM-wide policies for ~90% of
> deployers. If we did get rid of JVM-wide security policies, we'd
> probably want to do it in 3.0, rather than in 2.8.

One of the targets in 3.0 is to offer WikiFarms, which means that
there needs to be a policy-per-farm and policy-per-wiki (with the
latter available as something that admins themselves may edit without
dropping to shell access).

Not sure how this really relates to JVM-wide policies.  I don't
particularly like them myself.  They need extra care to even make the
unit tests run...

/Janne