From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: OpenID support in JSPWiki?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:50:25 GMT
Hi!

Thanks for the effort - sounds like a worthy project!

I think you will save yourself a lot of grief if you work on the
2.8.1 branch, since the trunk is now the subject of a lot of changes
- but note that we *will* be making some rather major changes for
3.0, so you may face a small porting effort towards the end.  We
certainly wouldn't like to land a major feature in 2.8 branch
anymore, since it's rather stable.

I think the first thing you could do is to outline your plan as to
how exactly are you planning to hook into our structures - a good
place to start is probably the Security documentation at http://
doc.jspwiki.org/2.8/wiki/Security, and then asking a lot of questions
on this mailing list.

Also, since we are talking about a fairly large project here, you
might want to sign a contributor license agreement (CLA), and
depending on the German copyright legislation, get also Heilbronn to
sign a corporate CLA.  That, or Heilbronn (or you) need to, at the
end of the project, give a software grant (SGA) to Apache Software
Foundation.  But these are not biggies and can be tackled if/when we
start merging ;-)

/Janne