From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Movin' along
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:17:19 GMT
> I've found @since tags to be valuable as a way to see what's
> changed. Especially useful for migrating plugins from earlier
> releases. I don't see anything wrong with adding @since 3.0.0 to
> new APIs and tagging the others with e.g. 2.8.0 for features that
> were in 2.8, even though they were in a class instead of an interface.

Actually, my problem is with @author-tags...  I think they are
useless and potentially dangerous at this point.  Here's a nice
presentation from the Subversion team (it's a good presentation, and
this particular topic starts at about 17m30s.  Very recommended
watching.)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

> There's really nothing else to do before releasing. The release
> process from the incubator is mainly an exercise in reviewing the
> release package to make sure that all code is legally releasable
> under the Apache license (code developed or donated to the project
> itself) or compatible licenses (code developed elsewhere and
> released as part of the package for convenience, e.g. the lib
> directory jar files).

OK.

Unfortunately, I've run out of time.  I currently got the following
things on my plate:

* JCR integration
* bug triage (on the issue tracker)
* Apache graduation
* 3.0 refactoring
* general participation on the mailing lists; responding to user
questions, etc.

I also have a book project which is now overdue, and on which I will
have to concentrate from now on until it is in better shape.  Our
first child is also due in about four weeks, and there's a lot of
practical stuff to be done still.  And unfortunately, these two have
to take precendence over JSPWiki hacking.

I was hoping to get the JCR integration done before the Christmas
holidays, but unfortunately I hit some major snags, which will need
some rethinking.  Like the fact that in order to get a WikiPage, you
need a WikiContext; and in order to get a WikiContext, you need a
WikiPage...  Versioning is also a pain.

At any rate, with respect to graduation, this is not good news unless
someone else can take the load off me.  Since getting a kid is a new
situation for me, I can't even give an estimate on how much time I
possibly have for hacking.  But at any rate, don't expect a whole lot
of responses from me in the next few months.  I am going to
concentrate on the JCR integration, and just ignore a lot of the
other stuff.

Unfortunately, free time is a limited resource, so others will need
to step up now.

/Janne