From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Protocol for patching?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:44:05 GMT

I usually patch 2.8 branch, then merge it into the trunk, since most
patches are against the 2.8 branch at the moment.

I include a comment, but that does not quote revision number, just
the fact that it was merged with 2.8 branch.  I look up the revision
number from the history. :-)

(No objection to start adding to the revision number, but my English
fails at your sentence: Does it mean that STRIPES_BRANCH was merged
into trunk; or trunk was merged into STRIPES_BRANCH?)

/Janne