From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@me.com>
Subject Re: Relevant Stripes patch
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:43:17 GMT
Harry --

With Stripes Interceptors, the way it works is that its intercept()
method fires before, after, or during particular Stripes lifecycle
stages. The Interceptor has a return type called Resolution, the two
most common types of which are ForwardResolution and
RedirectResolution.  If the Interceptor returns a Resolution, the
controller (StripesFilter/Dispatcher) executes it. Otherwise,
execution continues.

Security-type Interceptors typically emit Redirect or Forward
Resolutions if access checks fail, or null (do nothing) if they succeed.

BTW, you can also check out WikiInterceptor in STRIPES_BRANCH to see
how we're going to do it in 3.0.

Andrew