From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Priha vs. JackRabbit
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:26:15 GMT
Janne,

I remember part of the conversation regarding your choice in developing
Priha versus a more direct incorporation of Apache JackRabbit, but I
wonder if I could have you elaborate a bit on that, and if that earlier
decision still holds. The reason I ask is that we are moving towards a
requirement that our backend storage be something more compatible with
some of our other existing services, and I've been looking at using
JackRabbit across several services. If JSPWiki 3.0 was to use JackRabbit
rather than Priha I'd have a much easier time selling the idea.

I know that JackRabbit is much "heavier" than might be necessary, but
what do you see is the principal reason not to use it rather than a
custom solution such as Priha?

Thanks very much,

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record