From "Volkar, John M." <JVol...@medrad.com>
Subject Idea? Auto-update (Ecplise-like) mechanism for JSPWiki plugins.
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:45:27 GMT
Anyone give any thought to how sanctioned plugins could be hosted and
have a means for live running sites to auto-download and install updates
to them?

If there were someway to do this, the annotations which are being
discussed could be used to query a plugin about its needs, dependencies,
etc.  This would have to be seriously thought thru, but could be quite
cool.

With the advent of apache SVN hosting, and being under the apache
umbrella, this might be viable now. Dunno.

Another thought (I've lamented my outdated jspwiki installs a few time);
it would be especially cool if jspwiki could update itself say (2.8.0 to
2.8.x) bug fixes.  But this is probably a container management
nightmare.

Regards (and where *is* that rock?),
John Volkar