From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Priha vs. JackRabbit
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:32:40 GMT

The point about using an industry standard is that everyone can pick
their own favourite implementation on the standard.

In other words, you can use Jackrabbit instead of Priha. Otherwise,
it would make no sense to use JSR-170, now would it?

(Priha makes for a good default implementation simply because it's
lightweight, has NO mandatory dependencies and is much better aligned
with our current repo format than Jackrabbit.  It's much like the
same situation as with, say HSQLDB vs MySQL.  Both have their own
uses.  Have you noticed that we ship with HSQLDB right now instead of
MySQL?  Funny, that ;-) )

/Janne