From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Priha
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 11:18:44 GMT
> If it's an ID issue and you don't *need* UUID I've got an
> implementation
> of an ID generator that can pop up unique IDs at about 1/5ms speed
> on a
> typical laptop, and (within the realm of reason) would be globally
> unique
> as well. I haven't had a chance to look into the code so I may be
> barking
> up the wrong tree here but I thought I'd mention it.

No, no problem with ID generation.  It's just that JCR allows you to
access a Node either by its path or it's UUID, and keeping these two
in sync is easy for a DB (which allows multiple foreign keys), but
difficult for a file system (which typically has only one, the
path).  There are multiple ways around this, and it's just that the
quick-n-dirty algo I implemented is not very good :-)

/Janne