From Erik Bunn <...@memecry.net>
Subject Re: [REVOTE] JSPWiki 2.8.0
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:21:58 GMT

On 21/10/2008, at 17:32 , Murray Altheim wrote:
>>>  3. There is a possible third issue that is likely due to an
>>> embedded
>>>     use on Jetty. I've reported this before (and I think Janne may
>>> have
>>>     answered this), and while it is inconsequential (it doesn't seem
>>>     to have any effect) it still remains. On startup I still see:
>>>
>>>     [java] java.lang.IllegalStateException: STREAM
>> This also seems to occur with WebLogic to some extent.  I don't
>> quite know what I should make of it; it is probably a side effect
>> of some call causing the response stream to be written on Bea and
>> Jetty, but not on Tomcat.
>
> Perhaps next week I'll have a chance to track that down better. It's
> one of those niggling ones that's been with me for months but because
> it's not effecting anything that I can see I've not put a priority on
> it.

I once saw something similar: something with the HttpServletResponse
was set by the Jetty before JSPWiki got its say. Might have been
content encoding or even content length. This is ancient history, and
I can't point to a particular line, but I'd start by adding some debug
output at any response.set*() call.

//ebu