From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: author ids
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:29:33 GMT
> Does this mean we need to (slightly) refactor the interface for
> UserProfile so that getId() returns a String? It should be the same
> ID, methinks.

Yes.  And since it's a new thing in 2.8, it might be pretty easy to
do at this stage, before 2.8 is stable.

(JCR tends to treat all IDs as Strings anyway, so it's a safe move.)

> Well, this is something we do today, already. And the reason we do
> it is because otherwise if a user changed their wiki name, all of
> sudden he or she would be locked out of all pages containing ACLs
> with their name.

Obviously, yes.

> This particular chunk of code would go away, clearly, if we stored
> IDs rather than Principal names. However, the ACL implementations
> would need to resolve the ID and return Principals (do the
> "translation" between IDs and Principals).

Yes.  BTW, any preferences to the serialization format of the ACLs?
I'd prefer something human-readable rather than direct Java
serialization...

/Janne