From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: author ids
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:41:24 GMT

On Aug 23, 2008, at 17:31 , Terry Steichen wrote:

> OK, just please clarify this issue for me: Under whichever technical
> approach that's adopted, will JSPWiki users always be able to clearly
> see which other users previously edited a page (and not be potentially
> misled by interim changes in these other users' names)?

That would be my understanding yes - though mislead is an interesting
word: if you change your login name, should the old pages that have
your old name to automatically use your new name, or still the old
name - because at the time when the history was made, that *was* your
name.  So you are in a way changing the history...  Which
incidentally means that getting a snapshot of a particular wiki at
some point would be different depending on what has been happening in
the repository afterwards.

I don't know whether this is even acceptable in enterprise circles,
e.g. due to Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, etc.

(That could potentially actually be a strong reason to store the
WikiName instead of an userid.)

/Janne