From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@me.com>
Subject Re: author ids
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:36:08 GMT
> BTW, Florian's comment brings another question to mind: if the users
> are
> able to freely change their login (and other) names (because there's
> an
> underlying, persistent unique id), what happens when different users
> choose the same login name?

This is something we check during the registration (and rename)
processes. Users cannot choose names that are already taken by someone
else.

Also, how are page ownerships handled in such situations (that
> is, will we shift away from storing the page author's name and instead
> use the unique id)?

That's what this whole conversation is about. :)  As I mentioned in me
previous e-mail, we should store IDs and not names.

Andrew