From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: author ids
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:15:10 GMT
> Now forgive me for beating the same poor old horse yet again, but, if
> the WikiName can be changed at any time, doesn't that create a problem
> in displaying change history?  In the history, some of the page
> edits of
> a given user will be under one WikiName and other edits will be under
> another new WikiName (essentially the same point I last made to
> Andrew).

It creates a human comprehension problem, not a computer science
problem :-)

JSPWiki does not care at all about the authors of the previous edits:
they are there just for the benefit of history clarity. Advocates of
strong metadata, like Murray, may actually need that info for
something, but the engine does not really care at this point.

/Janne