From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject error handling Was: author ids
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:44:30 GMT
> Had a few minutes to myself this morning, so I committed the
> changes to UserProfile/UserDatabase classes. Uids are now Strings.

Looks good :-)

This reminds me of another thing:

JCR prefers throwing a wild array of Exceptions to describe any
anomalic situation.  JSPWiki has so far been pretty light on these,
with most accessor methods like WikiPage.getLastModified() returning
a null in case of a problem.

What is the general feeling on this, should 3.0 propagate exceptions
upwards (possibly wrapping them inside WikiExceptions), or catch them
early?  Throwing the exceptions makes the coder's life a bit more
tenous because they have to be caught and examined, but on the other
hand, they do make the code more robust (and protect against hazy
NullPointerExceptions).

/Janne