From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: weird access rights issue, was: Re: security configuration question
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:27:50 GMT

> Well, at least this bug appears even with only one user.
> I know nothing about how the page content is processed, but my idea is
> that the bug is caused by this data somehow (which is why I've been
> referring to the ghost in the code, not the heisenbug... I've been
> thinking of this one before, too). Maybe in conjunction with
> page ACLs. I'll check if removing the core pages "heals" the wiki
> again and if so, I'll try to determine which part of the core pages
> causes the effect.

I managed to get something *very* strange happening with the german
corepages: after a few edits, it has become impossible to edit the
Main page.

Not because of ACLs, but because request.getParameter() is returning
the *page content without edits*.  This should NOT be happening.

I'm also a bit suspicious of WikiPage.clone(), which isn't cloning
attributes or acls.  This could have some side effects somewhere.
I'll be testing that...

/Janne