incubator-jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew Jaquith (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JSPWIKI-333) language selection/detection doesn't always work
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:54:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-333?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12624010#action_12624010
] 

Andrew Jaquith commented on JSPWIKI-333:
----------------------------------------

FYI, in 3.0 Stripes will take care of this issue. The StripesFilter and/or the useActionBean
tag automatically wraps the request and sets the locale based on the user's preferred language.
So, we won't need or want to provide any choices to the user at all for language selection.
Whatever their brower is set for will work, assuming the server contains localized message
bundles for that language. 

> language selection/detection doesn't always work
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JSPWIKI-333
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-333
>             Project: JSPWiki
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.7.x
>            Reporter: Florian Holeczek
>             Fix For: 2.8
>
>
> JSPWiki doesn't always detect the preferred language from the browser. The intended behaviour
is that if there is no user-pref cookie, the language setting *should* follow the language
of the browser.
> This is a collection of facts from several mails on the list.
> Florian reports:
> {quote}
> I've got a personal wiki installed on Tomcat 6, which runs without this problem. This
installation (v2.7.0-alpha-9) has been upgraded successively from 2.6.
> I've deployed the JSPWiki v2.7.0-alpha-9 on a Glassfish 2ur2 server and get English as
the default language for a not yet configured browser (without JSPWiki cookies), although
it is set to select de-de as primary language. It's the same with Firefox 3 and IE 7.
> However, switching to german language in the user preferences works.
> {quote}
> Janne reports:
> {quote}
> Yup, just checked.  It works on 2.6.3, but not on any 2.8 alpha releases.
> {quote}
> Harry reports:
> {quote}
> I tested against v2.7.0-svn-44   <http://zwiki.rabobank.nl/rss.rdf>, it doesn't
work there.
> I checked the source of the latest version, could not find anything reading the Language
header, just reading the cookie contents (mainly Preferences class).
> Some additional testing (all with FF3 on XP) confirm the same results as Janne :
> v2.7.0-svn-44 ==> doesn't work
> v2.7.0-alpha-9 ==> doesn't work
> 2.6.3-rc-2 ==> works
> {quote}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message