From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: author ids
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:38:57 GMT
On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 21:27 +0300, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> Well, we could do exactly what we're doing now: store the WikiName of
> the editor.  This has the advantage of being human-readable
> throughout the time, and easily exportable.

There was some problem in the past when JSPWiki would (apparently
randomly) decide to use either the login name, the WikiName or the Full
Name (I think) as the author.  To accommodate this I had to write some
code that searched each of them in sequence.  I presume that's no longer
the case?

Now forgive me for beating the same poor old horse yet again, but, if
the WikiName can be changed at any time, doesn't that create a problem
in displaying change history?  In the history, some of the page edits of
a given user will be under one WikiName and other edits will be under
another new WikiName (essentially the same point I last made to
Andrew).