From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Workflow persistence: your thoughts please..
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:21:58 GMT
There's no formal theory behind it... it's basically a finite-state
machine with the ability to hook together branching and decision
logic. The Workflow class itself provides a pretty good overview of
the different parts, but in a nutshell a workflow is composed of
Decisions and Tasks (both implement the Step interface). Both
Decisions and Tasks can have Outcomes; depending on the Outcome, a
previously-assigned next step executes.

Right now, JSPWiki only uses the workflow package in two places: for
saving wiki pages (in PageManager) and creating user profiles (in
UserManager). It's an extremely generic package that isn't really
dependent on JSPWiki at all.

Andrew