From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Controllable API
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:52:01 GMT
> It occurs to me to create a very simple "Controllable" API and
> add a minor callout in the PluginManager to disable the function
> of a plugin based on it occurring in an excluded list, or enable
> it based on an included list (either? both?). A disabled plugin
> would either be entirely ignored by the parser/PluginManager,
> return an empty string, or some kind of error message (this might
> be defined by the API). I'm thinking of writing some kind of UI
> or JSP to permit an administrator to individually set a flag for
> each plugin.

I was actually going to do something like that but sort of ran out of
time.  Admin.jsp allows you to list all the installed plugins, and
the idea was that you could turn plugins (well, any kind of modules:
filters, editors, etc) on and off from there.

Essentially it would mean a new field in the WikiModuleInfo, and
necessary code in the PluginManager.  I would most prefer if the UI
were in the form of an AdminBean.

Could be targeted for 2.8.x, x >=1.

/Janne