From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Controllable API
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:59:36 GMT
> If I were to create a jspwiki_module.xml file for all of the plugins
> I administer (and provide XML files for all jars I distribute), then
> it'd be a matter of adding a single element (e.g., <enabled>, or
> perhaps an ACL-based approach) to the XML, adding the rather minor
> changes to com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.admin.beans.PluginBean to process the
> new boolean or ACL value(s), and add the necessary functionality to
> Admin.jsp to permit more than the current read-only display, instead
> including a checkbox (boolean) or selector (ACL) for each plugin.
>
> Is this close to what's needed, or is there a lot more?

That's pretty much it... :-)

You might actually want to store the "enabled/disabled" status
elsehwere than in the jspwiki_module.xml, or else it won't be
persisted across restarts.  So I would recommend the workdir and
store it in there in some sort of a preferences object.  (Hmm, we
already seem to have com.ecyrd.jspwiki.preferences...  Anyhoo, this
is something that actually does need a bit of thinking - currently
the reason why Admin.jsp does not store any values is because of the
fact that I could never really figure out what the proper storage
should be, and how that should relate to the jspwiki.properties and
filters.xml files.)

> [I'm also curious as to how the 'alias' feature works, as I currently
> have a fair number of classes whose sole purpose is to provide an
> alias so that users don't have to type "Plugin" appended to what is
> basically a predicate name). Are multiple alii possible?]

At this moment, no, but it should be an easy enough extension.  Needs
changing of the WikiPluginInfo API though.

/Janne