From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Workflow persistence: your thoughts please..
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:05:23 GMT
Florian is correct. The definitions are persistent -- in the sense
that every time you invoke the 'save wiki page' workflow, for example,
it works the same way every time. The STATE of an individual workflow
doesn't persist between WikiEngine reboots, though, which is what I
was thinking about fixing.

Really, the goal with workflow was to make it easy to write code that
did different things based on user input. It's a pain to write
separate UIs for every single "do you want to do X or Y?" choice, right?

I don't have any specific plans for using it more in the short term
(other than light refactoring of the existing workflow tasks),
although it could clearly be used more extensively to support page
moderation or admin tasks. Anything that has a human component
("please review and approve...") could make use of it.

Andrew