From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Is ReferenceManager clusterizable?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:18:39 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
[...]
> However, note that ReferenceManager is really only a local cache for the
> references.  This means that if you're distributing JSPWiki across
> multiple machines, it's fine that every single one of them has a local
> copy of the references.  All you have to probably do is to ensure that
> each and all of them have a similar copy across multiple instances.
> This can be relatively easily done by e.g. making the work directory the
> same for all instances - you might need to add locking, though.
>
> Note also that JSPWiki should be able to pick up changes in the
> repository automatically, so if you change one page, the other instances
> should be able to pick the changes up and also update the local
> reference cache.  By default, the checking interval is 30 seconds since
> last access and this can be tuned in jspwiki.properties.

I've got nothing distributable at this point, but one of the approaches
I'm taking to what is essentially multiple wiki synchronization is to
add an EventListener for page changes that sends out an web service
notice to the other wiki(s) with the list of page changes. Those messages
are cached and when time is available the receiving wiki updates its
pages via XML-RPC. I've got an upcoming project where something like this
happens but it's not meant for synchronization but to alert the community
of wiki admins (across multiple wikis) that there is a change to one of
the collective-community's pages. I.e., the initial group of wikis begin
with an identical set of pages and we track how they differ over time. An
interesting project...

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record