From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Other 2.6.2 changes
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:01:34 GMT
Terry -- at the risk of making you rant more, I'd simply say the
Javadocs are exceptionally detailed, and the source code is well-
commented. When in doubt, go to the source.

Frankly, I think your expectations a little unrealistic. As somebody
who's used a LOT of open source projects, I'd say that our docs (at
least the Javadocs, which is really the most important thing for
integration) are probably in the top 25% of Java projects I've seen.
It beats the crap out of, for example, Jetty and Prefuse (to name two
projects I have integrated with lately), but it is not as good as,
say, Tomcat or Stripes.

I really don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry you find the
implementations confusing. I think the other thing you might be
missing here is that JSPWiki is now too big for one person to
completely comprehend. So, we do the best we can, and we look to
volunteers to help out also.

Andrew