From <swil...@videoprotein.com>
Subject RE: G'day
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 15:37:15 GMT
Janne

We did both and it still didn't change. We grepped on all occurrences of
"day" and changed everything we found. It was fairly odd that it stayed
G'day. I will make sure that we cleared the precompiled jsp pages on
tomcat but I assumed that was a runtime setting.

Once I get the plugin closer to something that is feature complete I
will submit as an official third part plugin. Just in case I don't get
back to it I at least wanted to throw it out on the email list in case
it could benefit someone trying to solve the same problem now.

Thanks

Scooter

-----Original Message-----
From: Janne Jalkanen [mailto:Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 11:02 AM
To: jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: G'day

> We are using jspwiki for our web site and finally have gotten around
> to the making it look nice by doing a custom skin. We are running
> v2.6.2 and for some reason when we edit the properties files for the
> default text we can not get rid of G'day. We cleared cache on tomcat,
> restarted tomcat and G'day still shows up. We also cleared browser
> cache. I haven't gone through source code so I was wondering if anyone

> has had a problem changing G'day to some other text or if I am missing

> something somewhere.

You probably should also change the English property file, not just the
default property file.  This is an artefact of how Java localization
works...

Thanks for your other contribution.  However, could you please file
an issue in JIRA and attach your code to it, preferably as a patch?
This allows us to track what is going on - contributions posted on the
mailing list may just simply be forgotten and disappear...

/Janne