From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: WatchDog Event Flood
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 18:34:55 GMT
It started happening again.  I noticed one additional item - in the
middle of *each* of those 30 second WatchDog (80) log message clusters,
is a single log message like this:

        2008-05-30 11:16:59,879 [WatchDog for 'TC'] INFO
        com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog  - Watchable 'TP-Processor84'
        exceeded timeout in state 'Filtering for URL /LoginProc.jsp' by
        579 seconds

This message appears to come from WikiJSPFilter.java [line 82].

Now, it so happens that when a user logs in, Login.jsp is called but it
then redirects the user to LoginProc.jsp (a custom module).  In turn,
LoginProc.jsp calls T.msg to check if the incoming user has any unread
messages.

Can *anyone* give me a clue as to what's going on here?  Any idea of how
to work around whatever is causing this?  Any idea of what I might look
for in T.msg (which is actually a JSP) that could possibly be triggering
this?

This is *really* frustrating because I have no clue where to even start
in debugging this.

PS: I tried deleting T.msg and then logging in around it.  When I called
it directly, I got the expected message that the module could not be
found.  But the WatchDog messages kept coming.