From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: IE Editing Glitch
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 01:54:08 GMT
I just made fresh 2.6.2 installs on separate machines (Fedora Core 6 and
7).  I ran Tomcat (5.5.17) on each.  Then I used a browser on each to
access the JSPWiki/Tomcat instance on the other.  I used the IP address
format (http://ipaddress1:8080/TC1 and http://ipaddress2:8080/TC2).

What I found was that I was able to navigate fine using either Firefox
or IE - *except* when using the editor.  When, using a browser on the
ipaddress1 machine, I opened a page on the ipaddress2 machine in the
editor and then either 'Saved' or 'Canceled' the browser attempted to
shift me to http://localhost:8080/TC2 (which didn't exist on the
ipaddress1 machine, so got an error.)

IOW, it appears that this is caused by some kind of configuration error.
Now I happen to know that IE is very touchy about how it uses the
'localhost' identifier.  While it's not obvious, I think what may be
happening is that something in the editor's navigation scheme is getting
the browser confused on what the default address is.

Or something like that.  I have a hunch this is related, directly or
indirectly, to how the baseURL is handled.

I'm continuing to work on this, but thought I'd post these interim
thoughts in case they triggered any insights in the rest of you.

[Janne - since I am able to navigate fine interacting with the editor on
JSPWiki.org, it may be related to how you've got that JSPWiki instance
set up.  Could you send me a copy of jspwiki.properties for JSPWiki.org
so I can check it out?]