From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Fwd: EU mirror for Apache svn
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 21:18:36 GMT
Hi all,

I've just picked this up on the Jackrabbit mailing list...

FYI,
 Florian

Dies ist eine weitergeleitete Nachricht.
Von    : Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
An     : dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Datum  : Freitag, 23. Mai 2008, 12:27
Betreff: EU mirror for Apache svn

======================== Original Nachrichtentext ===================
Hi,

Not yet officially announced, but available for early users:
svn.eu.apache.org. It's a read-write mirror for svn.apache.org and
since it's located in Europe and isn't (yet) as loaded as the official
repository, it's really fast for many use cases. Give it a try if
you're located in Europe.

The mirror works pretty much like the normal repository, just replace
svn.apache.org with svn.eu.apache.org wherever needed. For example use
"svn co https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk" to
checkout Jackrabbit trunk. Note that you need to re-enter your
username and password when first committing through the mirror. I've
been using the mirror for the past few days and everything works well.

The mirror is synced every few minutes, so in practice you won't see a
difference in the repository contents. The only time this might be a
problem is if you do an "svn update" right after an "svn commit", but
a better workflow would be to update before committing.

Finally some highlights of the speed improvements I'm seeing with the
new mirror:

Operations: