From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Other 2.6.2 changes
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 10:39:47 GMT
On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 08:38 +0300, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> > Third, when typing '[' followed by some characters into the editor, I
> > get a continuous set of  "TypeError: el has no properties" alert
> > boxes.
> > What does this mean?  More importantly, how do I turn it off?
>
> Yes, it's a Javascript error.  You have  probably changed the editor
> in such a way that the JS code responsible for the auto-link matcher
> does not find the editor textarea.

Well, AFAIK, I'm using the standard plain editor (per your earlier
suggestion, I did away with my customization to make the SpamFilter work
properly).  Once I trick the editor into taking what I'm typing (by
putting the brackets in after I've finished the text, and deleting the
second one it inserts), the resulting text file works fine, links and
all.  It only seems to be a problem when I'm trying to type in links
(with brackets).  But it's a real pain to go through all that.  Do you
have any idea of just how I can disable that "feature?"  [Dirk?]