From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Other 2.6.2 changes
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 01:51:56 GMT
On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 20:38 -0400, Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> Many different issues here. Replies online.
>
> On May 6, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Terry Steichen <terry@net-frame.com> wrote:
>
> > I noticed with 2.6.2 that when a user changes their fullname, for all
> > the groups in which they are a member, their member identifier is
> > changed from the logname (which I normally use as the identifier) to
> > the
> > new fullname.  Is that the intended behavior?
>
> Yes. This is not configurable.

Why?  What's the point of changing the name of the identically-same
group memberships?  Why not leave them as they were - a change in
fullname would not logically imply a change in a group membership, would
it?

> > Second, when the above change occurs, JSPWiki does not appear to
> > recognize that user's membership in the appropriate groups until that
> > user logs out and then logs back in.  Is that intended behavior?
>
> That is odd. Sounds like a bug. Could you open a JIRA ticket with
> precise steps to reproduce?

Sure - but I guess my question is whether anyone else has tested this
and come up with different behavior (from that I described)?  Has anyone
changed their fullname and then verified that the normal group
relationships remained intact without a logout/login?  (Remember that I
do have some customized stuff, so I'm never sure how they will interact
with changes in JSPWiki.  No point in entering a trouble ticket if I'm
the only one experiencing it.)

> > Third, when typing '[' followed by some characters into the editor, I
> > get a continuous set of  "TypeError: el has no properties" alert
> > boxes.
> > What does this mean?  More importantly, how do I turn it off?
> >

> This doesn't sound like a groups issue per se. Is this a wiki editing
> issue?

Yes, it certainly is an editing question.  That's why I changed the
subject of this message to be more general.