incubator-jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Terry Steichen <>
Subject Changed UserManager Behavior?
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 20:32:48 GMT
I've got a module which, when passed a new loginname by a visitor,
authenticates itself as an admin user, creates a new account for the
user, and e-mails a new password to that user.  It's been working well
for a year or more through several previous versions.  It works
perfectly with 2.4.104.  (I just re-verified it again.)

However, under 2.6.2 what this module appears to be doing is, rather
than creating a new user, it's renaming the admin user to the name
submitted by the visitor, and changing the admin user's password to the
newly generated one (and of course, e-mailing that to the visitor, who
now becomes admin!)

My module's logic is simple; pseudocoded (minor details removed for
clarity) it is roughly as follows:

        wikiSession = WikiSession.guestSession(wiki);
        try {
                admin_name, admin_pass) == true) {
                        UserManager manager = wiki.getUserManager();
                        UserProfile profile =
                        profile.setLoginName( lname );
                        profile.setEmail( email );
                        profile.setFullname( fname );
                        profile.setPassword( pwd );
                        profile.setWikiName( wname );
        } catch (Exception e) {
                System.out.println("Error in login - "+e.getMessage());
        } finally {

Now, I realize this isn't the way that UserManager is normally used.
But I don't frankly see any logical reason you shouldn't be able to do
it this way.  

My suspicion is that the new feature recently added - to rename users -
is causing some different internal behavior.  I did a little initial
poking around UserManager.setUserProfile(), I notice that there has
indeed been a rename function inserted into this method.  (I also notice
that the call to getUserDatabase().commit is missing in 2.6.2.

I hope that someone who understands the logic of this process can give
me a hand in understanding the changes.

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message