From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: WatchDog Event Flood
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 13:30:27 GMT
>         2008-05-29 03:42:21,702 [WatchDog for 'TC'] INFO
>         com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog  - Watchable 'TP-Processor3'
>         exceeded timeout in state 'Generating VIEW response for
> WikiPage
>         [TC:T.msg,ver=2,mod=Sat May 24 06:49:51 PDT 2008]' by 34707
>         seconds
>
> If I stop and restart Tomcat (version 5.5.17) also disappears (for a
> while).
>
> I have no idea of what's going on.  Anyone have any thoughts?

The Watchdog messages are telling you exactly what you are noticing -
the thread has stopped responding, with the exception that it
actually tells us *where* the problem is... ;-)

My quick idea is  that there is something in the content of the page
which is causing the rendering pipeline to stop.  Another possibility
would be that Tomcat is faulty, or that you have a strange mapping of
all "*.msg" pages in some higher-up filter.  If you are using
mod_proxy or mod_jk, a too-long timeout could also be a possibility
(but that would happen on all pages).

Could you e.g. split the content of T.msg onto multiple pages and see
if any of them cause a slowdown?  Or is the page particularly large,
or does it have plugins that might cause problems?

(Reminder to self: add Watchdog entry info to all plugin.execute()
calls.)

/Janne