From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: ProfanityFilter + JSPWiki equivalent of ServletContext?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:31:43 GMT

On Apr 14, 2008, at 21:25 , Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> Question: is profanity something that ought to be localized?

Guys, I'd hate it if JSPWiki source code suddenly became X-rated.

Granted, it would probably be the first software ever where you had
to be 18 just to see the source, and I think notoriety is just an
another kind of fame - not better nor worse - but still, something in
this is sort of telling me that we might just want to consider it a
bit before starting to shovel all the wonderful curse words in our
various languages into SVN.

Not that learning Finnish swearing wouldn't be a great cultural trip
to everyone.  Our language is very good for profanity.

;-)

(Just having bad dreams.  Now go to bed, all of you.)

/Janne