From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Javascript additions
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:26:49 GMT
> Allthough Janne is complaining about performance, my experience so far
> is that the DOM preparation is pretty fast. JS is mostly cached,
> execution 'on-page-load' (even on IE) is also fast.

Be aware that I work for Nokia, so I'm trying this stuff out on phone
browsers (which in general have processors in the hundreds of MHz,
typically ten times less than most desktop browsers; and a few tens
of megs of memory as opposed to hundreds of megs).  The 2.6 template
BTW has some rather interesting rendering bugs - all content is
squashed to about ten pixels wide on the S60 3.0 browser.

Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be a billion
people joining the internet, for whom the cell phone browser is the
first and only browser they have ever used.

It might be nice to ensure that JSPWiki is a viable choice to those
people as well.  I would consider mobile support as an important part
of the future - and considering that the US seems to be slowly waking
up to the usefulness of mobile browsing with the iPhone, I would
guess that quite a few services will be tackling mobility soon.

/Janne