From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Versioning in JCR
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:44:31 GMT
Florian Holeczek wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I've spent some time thinking and learning about JCR's versioning
> features. It's pretty nice, powerful and easy to handle. But there's
> one big problem:
>
> JCR versioning supports full-blown directed acyclic graphs, but a
> wiki page version history is only a linear one.
> This means that JCR versioning can't be used without some code that
> assures that the version graph stays linear (meaning that it must be
> impossible to create two page versions out of one).
>
> However, I see no other problems that would prevent us from using
> JCR's versioning, and I think that this problem is solvable (must have
> been solved in the RCS page provider anyway, I guess/hope).
>
> Anybody got other opinions or some comments on this?

Florian,

It would be much appreciated if you could point us to the specific
JCR versioning documentation you'd like feedback on, specifically
the acyclic graph support. Changing an acyclic to a directed/linear
graph doesn't sound to be too difficult, perhaps only a matter of
restricting referencing from our end (on both put and get).

Thanks,

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record