From Olaf Kock <ok...@abstrakt.de>
Subject Re: Development with Eclipse and Tomcat
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:22:31 GMT
Florian Holeczek schrieb:
> Thanks Olaf for your detailed checklist! I've been spending some time
> on it and must say: Yes, it works, but unfortunately not with JSPWiki.
>
> The reason is that there's no possibility of teaching the Web Tools
> Project code to execute the build process. Therefore, some essential
> files aren't generated and then of course not published to the server.

Good to hear, and easy to fix:
It's easy to add an additional Ant build command - use Project
Properties/Builders -> New -> Ant Builder and specify the required ant
target. You may also specify when this builder will be run.

> While searching on the web I had the impression that Maven supports
> this. Maybe someday we'll switch.

Maven does so, it can get a bit complicated though if you leave the
simple path. If you've got maven set up, it generates the complete ide
files for (almost) any ide for you.

>> There /must/ be an easier way, only I've never found it...
>
> I'm not so sure about that, because I haven't found any solutions on
> the web (but many, many questions like mine).

Too bad, then let's rephrase it:
 "There /must/ be an easier way - someday" ;-)

Cheers,
Olaf

--
abstrakt gmbh, henriettenstraße 73, 20259 hamburg
geschäftsführer: olaf kock, amtsgericht hamburg hrb 77188