From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Versioning in JCR
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:13:11 GMT
Hi developers,

I've spent some time thinking and learning about JCR's versioning
features. It's pretty nice, powerful and easy to handle. But there's
one big problem:

JCR versioning supports full-blown directed acyclic graphs, but a
wiki page version history is only a linear one.
This means that JCR versioning can't be used without some code that
assures that the version graph stays linear (meaning that it must be
impossible to create two page versions out of one).

However, I see no other problems that would prevent us from using
JCR's versioning, and I think that this problem is solvable (must have
been solved in the RCS page provider anyway, I guess/hope).

Anybody got other opinions or some comments on this?

Regards,
 Florian