From "Dave Wolf" <dave.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: author-tags Was: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:00:38 GMT
IMHO, if the rest of Apache projects don't use the author tags (whether it
is enforced or not), then for consistency we shouldn't either. It would be
confusing to new folks.

Additionally, (again opinion) an open source project should not be tied to
individuals, so I agree with Janne that questions should go to the lists. If
someone who has knowledge is still active then they can respond. If the
author / knowledgeable person is no longer active, then the absence of a
response might be informative to the wider community.

Dave

--
Dave Wolf
H: 303-377-9537

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsMumUEPMCY Donate to VoteVets

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.