From "Jorge Ferrer" <jfer...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: Working on CreoleFilter's known issues
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:50:15 GMT
Hi Christoph,

Thanks for applying the patch :)

I've updated my svn copy and run the tests, right now there are 7 failures:
- testWhitespacesBeforeLists
- testFreeLinksKnowProtocols
- testFreeLinks
- testSecondLineListItem
- testCreoleStyleEscape
- testCreoleStyleEscape2

I think they cover all the issues I had found so far, but if I find
any new one I'll add a test.

On a different topic, if I understand it propertly the following
syntax would be valid in Creole to include a page within another:

{{Name of another page}}

Right now in CreoleFilter that syntax is always interpreted as a mean
to insert an attached image. I'd like to support both functionalities.
The key question is, how can we differentiate? There are two potential
solutions:
- Ask JSPWiki if a page with that name exists and if not interpret it
as an attachment. Is this possible at all?
- Implement a configurable check so that if the name ends with .png,
.jpg, etc. it's an image and otherwise it's a page.

I actually like the second more, since it allows showing a link to
upload the attachment or create the page if it doesn't exist yet.

Thougts?

Regards,
Jorge

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Christoph Sauer <sauer@hs-heilbronn.de> wrote:
> Hi Jorge, Hanno
>  i've applied your patch and added a few more testcases for the know issues.
>  Jorge, if you have more testcases, stuff that does not work like expected,
>  it is the best to simply add them. Hanno, could you please take a look at
>  them and try to fix them?
>
>  Thanks!
>
> Christoph

I did
>  wrong,
>  >  >  >  > > but I've already sent an email to JSPWiki's list to make
it
>  clear
>  >  >  that
>  >  >  >  > > the problems I experienced were my fault.
>  >  >  >  > >
>  >  >  >  > > In the next days I'd like to give a try at the improvements
>  mentioned
>  >  >  >  > > in my last email. Also I may try to fix some of the known
>  issues you
>  >  >  >  > > added to the wiki. To that end it would be very helpful
to have
>  >  >  >  > > subversion repository against which I can create patches
>  send you
>  >  >  >  > > and then update when you commit them.
>  >  >  >  > >
>  >  >  >  > > Even if you decide not to use Sourceforge, Google code,
etc,
>  maybe
>  >  >  >  > > Janne could give you a dir in JSPWiki's repository?
>  >  >  >  > >
>  >  >  >  > > Regards,
>  >  >  >  > > Jorge
>  >  >  >  > >
>  >  >  >  > > On Feb 15, 2008 1:16 PM, Jorge Ferrer <jferrer@liferay.com>
>  wrote:
>  >  >  >  > > > Hi Christoph,
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > Thanks for taking a look at it. I'm not using JSPWiki
>  directly but
>  >  >  >  > > > through the integration that I've developed for Liferay
>  Portal, I
>  >  >  >  > > > wonder if that has to do with my problems somehow.
I'll do
> [...]
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > Also, have you planned to upload the project to Sourceforge,
>  Google
>  >  >  >  > > > Code or some similar site? That would help to encourage
>  people to
>  >  >  >  > > > contribute. I already have a couple of ideas to contribute:
>  >  >  >  > > > 1) Making it possible to insert pages using the Inclusion
>  syntax
>  >  >  >  > > > defined in http://wikicreole.org/wiki/Inclusion This
could be
>  as
>  >  >  >  > > > simple as using the Insert JSPWiki plugin. The main
challenge
>  is
>  >  >  how
>  >  >  >  > > > to differentiate between including pages and inlining
images,
>  since
>  >  >  >  > > > the Creole syntax is so similar
>  >  >  >  > > > 2) When including an image that does not exist yet,
show a
>  link
>  >  >  that
>  >  >  >  > > > takes you to the add image attachment (like MediaWiki
does).
>  Not
>  >  >  sure
>  >  >  >  > > > if this can be controlled at the CreoleFilter level.
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > Thoughts?
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > Regards,
>  >  >  >  > > > Jorge
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Jorge Ferrer
>  <jferrer@liferay.com>
>  >  >  >  > wrote:
>  >  >  >  > > > > Hi Christoph,
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  Thanks for your answer. I've attached the screenshot
>  again. I
>  >  >  guess
>  >  >  >  > > > >  the JSPWiki mailing list dropped it.
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  As you can see the rendering is just not done
at all. And
>  all I
>  >  >  did
>  >  >  >  > > > >  was put the creole filter WAR and the modify
the
>  filters.xml
>  >  >  file
>  >  >  >  > > > >  point to the new filter.
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  Regards,
>  >  >  >  > > > >  Jorge
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Christoph Sauer
>  >  >  >  > > <sauer@hs-heilbronn.de> wrote:
>  >  >  >  > > > >  > Hi Jorge,
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  no, I will look into it over the weekend.
You said
>  something
>  >  >  >  about
>  >  >  >  > a
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  screenshot, but there was none attached
to the email.
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >I've downloaded and tried out this
version, but it
>  doesn't
>  >  >  >  > properly
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >convert links and headers. I've attached
a screenshot
>  which
>  >  >  >  shows
>  >  >  >  > > the
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >result of the Creole test case.
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  Can you send me the screenshot again and
tell me more
>  about
>  >  >  what
>  >  >  >  > > seems to be
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  wrong with links and headers?
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  --Christoph
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
I'd
>  like to
>  >  >  >  start
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  using your version of the filter and probably
try to
>  >  >  contribute
>  >  >  >  an
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  improvement to it. But when I tried using
it it didn't
>  work.
>  >  >  Any
>  >  >  >  > > idea
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  of what could be the reason?
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  Regards,
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  Jorge
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  On Feb 4, 2008 7:22 PM, Jorge Ferrer
>  <jferrer@liferay.com>
>  >  >  >  wrote:
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > Hi Christoph,
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > >I've uploaded a external implementation
of the
>  filter
>  >  >  >  (binaries
>  >  >  >  > > and
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > sourceode at
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >
>  >  >  >  http://www.i3g.hs-heilbronn.de/Wiki.jsp?page=JSPWikiCreoleFilter)
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > I've downloaded and tried out this
version, but it
>  doesn't
>  >  >  >  > > properly
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > convert links and headers. I've attached
a screenshot
>  which
>  >  >  >  > shows
>  >  >  >  > > the
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > result of the Creole test case.
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > >What puzzles me is why is
it looking for the
>  plugin
>  >  >  >  > 'ImagePro'
>  >  >  >  > > if I
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > >configured 'Image'. May that
be related to the
>  problem?
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > >
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > I've added a debug var
>  <<$creolepagefilter.imageplugin>>
>  >  >  >  that
>  >  >  >  > > let you
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  find
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > out what image plugin is used,
if it displays
>  "Image"
>  >  >  >  > everything
>  >  >  >  > > should
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  be
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > fine, "ImagePro" was just an
experimental name like
>  >  >  ImageX
>  >  >  >  > > see if it
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > would work to switch Image display
implementations.
>  >  >  Please
>  >  >  >  > > install the
>  >  >  >  > > > >  >  > > external filter and tell me if
this displays