From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: author-tags Was: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:55:10 GMT
Think of this issue in terms of community.

Apache tries to build communities that own code bases. The appearance
of @author tags can defeat this purpose, if people who see the tags
become less inclined to contribute.

If contributors want recognition, there are other ways than @author
tags to get it.