From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: @author tags (was Re: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.)
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:10:06 GMT
Christian Geisert wrote:
> Janne Jalkanen schrieb:
>>
>> That is my understanding, yes.  Perhaps our mentors can tell us more?
>
> Not that I'm a mentor ... The ASF board's recommendation is to remove
> individual authors tag but it's up to the PMC to make the decision (to
> use author tags or not).
>
> The following old mail puts it nicely why it should be done:
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107788069123268&w=2

I can't say I disagree with much of what is stated in that message, but
it doesn't really counter what I'd written. I do find it telling that
the person that Dirk-Willem is answering in that message happens to be
Conal Tuohy, a friend of mine who happens to share a very similar
technical background as myself (and is a co-developer on the TM4J Topic
Maps engine, as well as also a Topic Maps expert).

We both value and actively work with metadata.

But enough said. I'd prefer that the @author tags remain, but as I
wrote in my first message, I didn't think it worth arguing with the
ASF over this.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record