From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:35:52 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> Hi ho folks!
[...]
> * Code needs also to be attributed to the ASF - so no more @author -tags.

Is this an Apache rule? If it isn't, I would *much* prefer to keep the
author tags (which aren't a copyright issue, they provide necessary and
often valuable attribution, e.g., who to go to when there's a problem).
I think it'd be a real mistake to remove them if we didn't have to (and
if we did, while I know it'd be pointless to argue with the Apache
Foundation over this, I do think it's a Bad Idea not to include author
information.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record