From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: author-tags Was: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:58:19 GMT
Although I'm not a committer I'd like to comment :
I think both of you are right, there is code that is submitted initially
fairly complete, and is not patched much afterwards, and if it is patched,
it is only small bug fixes. In those cases you would want to keep the
@author tags.

On the other hand there is code that is initially submitted as a simple
first prototype, and is afterwards greatly enhance by others. In those cases
you should remove the @author tags.

If it is not exactly mandated by ASF how to deal with, let everyone decide
for himself how to handle it, and you don't have to handle every piece of
code the same, for some pieces keep your @author tag, for others remove them
?

How about that, everybody happy ?

regards,