From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:21:24 GMT
> That is the exact same file as JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-1-bin.zip, which is
> linked from the jspwiki.org downloads page?

No not exact.  Functionality is the same.

> Apache projects typically do a formal release vote based on the final
> binary files that will be released, not the contents of a branch or
> the abstract notion of "are we ready to release now." What I'd like to
> do is verify the signature against the final RC4 binary file that
> users will download, then do a quick install/sanity check.

Right.  So that means that we will have to freeze the SVN branch in
which the release is made during the "release voting" period (or else
what happens is exactly what happened now - the rc1 was released, and
people kept committing anyway, and therefore we ended up with -rc4
before we knew about it.)

I will make a 2.6.2-rc-4 release in a few moments, put it at
jspwiki.org, and please, NOBODY COMMIT ANYTHING INTO THE TRUNK until
the release has been made.  If you have urgent fixes that warrant a
new -rc release, please discuss them on this list prior to making a
commit.

/Janne