From "Jorge Ferrer" <jfer...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: What is the status of the development to support Creole?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:32:17 GMT
Hi Christoph,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Knowing that you are still interested in
JSPWiki's support for Creole is very good news indeed.

Please, find some answers to your comments below.

> [..]
> The bottom line is that I WILL sooner or later implement a native renderer
> for it, if nobody else does. I've worked for more than a year now with
> creole and I don't want to go back to JSPWiki markup anymore. I really like
> it and it is much easier to convince people to use it because you can say
> "it's almost like Wikipedia markup, just without it's inconsistencies" ;-).

Yup, fully agreed :)

> However since the filter works fine for us right now I have other more
> important issues to work on - mainly operational issues with our
> increasingly large base of wiki installations, convincing people that a wiki
> is a wiki even if the layout does not look like Wikipedia, and last but not
> least - fundraising. Missing funding is actually what keeps me away from
> doing the interesting stuff, like a Creole renderer.

I know exactly what you mean. Liferay Portal is Open Source too and we
some times depend on companies funding the developments. In fact the
integration of JSPWiki to support Creole is being funded by a company.
I hope that with this work we'll also help increase the visibility of
Creole and maybe that will bring more funding to support it natively.
If that happens, I'll let you know.

> Jorge, I've added a section know issues to [[JSPWiki:CreolePageFilter]].

Thanks, that's very useful.

> All your mentioned points are know Issues except the Image problem. Did you
> check if the you used the right imagePlugin declaration in the properties?

I copied the contents from the wiki directly to my jspwiki.properties
file. Specifically for the image configuration I have:

creole.imagePlugin.name = Image

But when testing Creole with the TestCase from wikicreole.org it
doesn't work and I see this in the logs (sorry, part of it is in
Spanish):

14:29:59,275 INFO  [JSPWikiMarkupParser:1411] Failed to insert plugin:
No se pudo encontrar el plugin ImagePro

What puzzles me is why is it looking for the plugin 'ImagePro' if I
configured 'Image'. May that be related to the problem?

Best Regards,
Jorge

--
Jorge Ferrer