From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Problems with new "long" links, UTF-8, allowed punctuation...
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:40:32 GMT
> This allows UTF-8 letters and digits but no UTF-8 punctuation.
> Reason I allowed ch >= 0x80
> in different places. Europeans knows that if you cut and paste MS-
> Word text within a form textarea,
> you have many special UTF-8 punctuation. And if it is a WikiName,
> problems begin...

Yes, and for good reason.  We won't allow UTF-8 punctuation.  There
are also many control characters in the 0x80+ range, which may or may
open attack vectors into the system.

> The other point is that PUNCTUATION_CHARS_ALLOWED is changing in
> different JSPWiki modules.

Eh?

> Finaly, multiple spaces within a "long" name should be removed.
> Same thing for multiple dots.
> Final dots are also generating names like "xxxx..txt" which Windows
> do not like so much.

Windows is irrelevant.  The provider which stores these things on
files should take care of them.  Multiple dots are fine.  Multiple
whitespace... I seem to recall that we already remove it.

> I see from the different reactions that I have to go through
> JIRA... I will do it as soon as possible.

Yes, JIRA and patches are the official way.  Anything else is very
likely to be ignored.

/Janne