incubator-jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Harry Metske (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JSPWIKI-185) NullPointerException during deployment
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:27:08 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-185?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12568642#action_12568642
] 

Harry Metske commented on JSPWIKI-185:
--------------------------------------

This is an exact duplicate of JSPWIKI-164.
And I did the same modifications, getting the same NPE's at the same statements.
After cleaning up tomcat's work directory, tomcat's temp directory , and jspwiki's work directory,
I could not reproduce.......

> NullPointerException during deployment
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JSPWIKI-185
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-185
>             Project: JSPWiki
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core & storage
>    Affects Versions: 2.6.1
>         Environment: osx 10.5.2, jvm 1.5.0_13-b05-237, tomcat 5.5.26
>            Reporter: iliad
>            Priority: Blocker
>
> Thanks a lot for helping! I just wanted to have a first look on JSPWiki and got the following
problem:
> - installed new naked tomcat 5.5.26
> - copied JSPWiki.war into webapps
> - http://localhost:8080/JSPWiki/ gives a 404 error page
> - catalina.out:
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 724 ms
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.26
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
> INFO: XML validation disabled
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
> INFO: Deploying web application archive JSPWiki.war
> Starting up background thread: JSPWiki Lucene Indexer.
> Starting up background thread: WatchDog for 'JSPWiki'.
> Starting up background thread: JSPWiki Lucene Indexer.
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:44 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error filterStart
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:44 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/JSPWiki] startup failed due to previous errors
> Background thread error: (stack trace follows)
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog.enterState(WatchDog.java:231)
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider$LuceneUpdater.backgroundTask(LuceneSearchProvider.java:711)
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:135)
> Exception in thread "JSPWiki Lucene Indexer" com.ecyrd.jspwiki.InternalWikiException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:171)
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:45 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:45 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:45 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/23  config=null
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:45 PM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
> INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
> Feb 13, 2008 3:35:45 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 3413 ms
> Background thread error: (stack trace follows)
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog.enterState(WatchDog.java:231)
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider$LuceneUpdater.backgroundTask(LuceneSearchProvider.java:711)
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:135)
> Exception in thread "JSPWiki Lucene Indexer" com.ecyrd.jspwiki.InternalWikiException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:171)
> Background thread error: (stack trace follows)
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog$WatchDogThread.backgroundTask(WatchDog.java:375)
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:135)
> Exception in thread "WatchDog for 'JSPWiki'" com.ecyrd.jspwiki.InternalWikiException
> 	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:171)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message